Encountered an exception while running action 'action_submit'.Bot will continue, but the actions events are lost. Please check the logs of your action server for more information

I’m getting many exceptions while using custom actions
Exceptions are:

Encountered an exception while running action 'action_submit'.Bot will continue, but the actions events are lost.
 Please check the logs of your action server for more information.
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "c:\users\samra.arif\pycharmprojects\pythonproject1\venv\lib\site-packages\rasa\core\actions\action.py", line 685, in run
    response = await self.action_endpoint.request(
  File "c:\users\samra.arif\pycharmprojects\pythonproject1\venv\lib\site-packages\rasa\utils\endpoints.py", line 154, in request
    raise ClientResponseError(
rasa.utils.endpoints.ClientResponseError: 500, Internal Server Error, body='b'<!DOCTYPE html><html lang=en><meta charset=UTF-8><title>\xe2\x9a\xa0\xef\xb8\x8f 500 \x
e2\x80\x94 Internal Server Error</title>\n<style>\n        html { font-family: sans-serif }\n        h2 { color: #888; }\n        .tb-wrapper p { margin: 0 }\n
  .frame-border { margin: 1rem }\n        .frame-line > * { padding: 0.3rem 0.6rem }\n        .frame-line { margin-bottom: 0.3rem }\n        .frame-code { font-size:
 16px; padding-left: 4ch }\n        .tb-wrapper { border: 1px solid #eee }\n        .tb-header { background: #eee; padding: 0.3rem; font-weight: bold }\n        .fra
me-descriptor { background: #e2eafb; font-size: 14px }\n    </style>\n<h1>\xe2\x9a\xa0\xef\xb8\x8f 500 \xe2\x80\x94 Internal Server Error</h1><p>The server encounter
ed an internal error and cannot complete your request.\n''

The above exception was the direct cause of the following exception:

File "c:\users\samra.arif\pycharmprojects\pythonproject1\venv\lib\site-packages\rasa\core\processor.py", line 772, in _run_action
    events = await action.run(
  File "c:\users\samra.arif\pycharmprojects\pythonproject1\venv\lib\site-packages\rasa\core\actions\action.py", line 709, in run
    raise RasaException("Failed to execute custom action.") from e
rasa.shared.exceptions.RasaException: Failed to execute custom action.

Please check the logs of the Action Server as the error suggested. Are you using Rasa locally or on a server?

idk about logs. but I uncommented the endpoint and am running rasa locally

The logs are what’s written in the terminal where you ran rasa run actions

ohhhh, there’s also exception here when i run rasa run actions

Exception occurred while handling uri: 'http://localhost:5055/webhook'
  File "c:\users\samra.arif\pycharmprojects\pythonproject1\venv\lib\site-packages\sanic\app.py", line 931, in handle_request
    response = await response
  File "c:\users\samra.arif\pycharmprojects\pythonproject1\venv\lib\site-packages\rasa_sdk\endpoint.py", line 104, in webhook
    result = await executor.run(action_call)
  File "c:\users\samra.arif\pycharmprojects\pythonproject1\venv\lib\site-packages\rasa_sdk\executor.py", line 397, in run
    events = await utils.call_potential_coroutine(
  File "c:\users\samra.arif\pycharmprojects\pythonproject1\venv\lib\site-packages\rasa_sdk\utils.py", line 230, in call_potential_coroutine
    return await coroutine_or_return_value
  File "C:\Users\Samra.Arif\PycharmProjects\pythonProject1\actions\actions.py", line 45, in run
    tracker.getslot("email"),
AttributeError: 'Tracker' object has no attribute 'getslot'

Here it is. The function’s name is get_slot not getslot.

here at this function na???

self.SendEmail(
              tracker.getslot("email"),
              tracker.getslot("subject"),
              tracker.getslot("message")
          )

i updated this code

Tracker.get_slot("email"),
Tracker.get_slot("subject"),
Tracker.get_slot("message")

Can u guide me what’s the key argument now?

TypeError: get_slot() missing 1 required positional argument: ‘key’

It’s tracker not Tracker

yeah i changed it. Just got done with other errors. but my code is not going on try part its showing error msg placed in exception

try:
        s.login(fromaddr, "mypassword")

# Converts the Multipart msg into a string
        text = msg.as_string()

# sending the mail
        s.sendmail(fromaddr, toaddr, text)
    except:
        print("An Error occured while sending email.")

here’s the output of rasa run actions

An Error occured while sending email.

To see the error, change to:

except Exception as e:
    print("An Error occured while sending email:\n" + str(e))

my username and pw is correct

An Error occured while sending email.(535, b'5.7.8 Username and Password not accepted. Learn more at\n5.7.8  https://support.google.com/mail/?p=BadCredentials l25sm1
605222wrb.44 - gsmtp')

At this point it’s not an error related to Rasa, but to the email module you are using.

Please post your question on StackOverflow or other general coding forums, since I don’t have experience with this module and cannot test now.

But from what is written in the error,

Thankyou soo much u helped alot. It got resolved as i wasn’t using gmail account. Replaced my email with gmail account. And turned on less secure app option in google account.

1 Like

Glad to know! :slight_smile:

Please mark the message that helped you as solution to close the thread :slight_smile:

1 Like

Is the code you were working on to send an email via Rasa. If yes, please share the code with me because I want to implement it and I faced difficulties and I am a beginner with Rasa. Thanks