ConnectionResetError(104, 'Connection reset by peer')

Hi! I am using docker-compose to run several rasa chatbot containers at the same time. I’ve successfully connected one of the chatbots to a Facebook Page however I am getting this Connection Reset Error:

requests.exceptions.ConnectionError:
    ('Connection aborted.', ConnectionResetError(104, 'Connection reset by peer'))

every time I communicate with the chatbot through Facebook. I have seen others add time.sleep() to their code but I’m unsure where to place it in mine.

Has anyone encountered a similar error with running rasa?

1 Like

Yes. I get this error when I try to simulate many users making requests to the bot. At some point, requests fail with this error. The error appears at some point during the conversations. I.e. after 200 users are progressing in the test conversation, at some point 104 gets thrown, with a set of requests going successfully afterwards, to some failing again later. I use the webhook to send messages to the bot, but I get similar results if I use the websocket solution (in that case, one of more namespaces seem to fail to connect). The bot and the simulator are running on different machines.

I suspect something going on with the maximum number of requests, but I haven’t been able to found a setting in Rasa settings yet. For my situation, I am able to process the same amount of requests in a test server, so it doesn’t look like an OS issue (i.e. I sent the same requests to a dummy server app I set up, with no 104 being thrown). I am also using docker-compose and set it up by simply having a container install rasa the way you’d do via python on host.

Were you able to solve this issue?