Build container Docker rasa/rasa with variant in Spanish

Hi! I am trying to build with docker container that contains the Spanish variant of spacy. For this, it occurred to me to create a dockerfile with the following information:

FROM rasa/rasa:1.10.12-spacy-en
RUN python -m spacy download es_core_news_md && \
    python -m spacy link es_core_news_md es

And a docker-compose with the following:

version: '3.3'
services:
  umbot:
    build: .
    volumes:
      - 'data:/var/www/html/docker/volumen'
    ports:
      - '5013:5013'
    expose:
    command:
      - init
volumes:
  data: {}

But I get the following error:

root@umsa-SWF-0:/var/www/html/docker/imagen# docker-compose up -d --build
Building umbot
Step 1/2 : FROM rasa/rasa:1.10.12-spacy-en
 ---> ae11d7c757d8
Step 2/2 : RUN python -m spacy download es_core_news_md &&     python -m spacy link es_core_news_md es
 ---> Running in 3e7288dbf279
Collecting es_core_news_md==2.1.0
  Downloading https://github.com/explosion/spacy-models/releases/download/es_core_news_md-2.1.0/es_core_news_md-2.1.0.tar.gz (73.4MB)
Building wheels for collected packages: es-core-news-md
  Building wheel for es-core-news-md (setup.py): started
  Building wheel for es-core-news-md (setup.py): finished with status 'done'
  Created wheel for es-core-news-md: filename=es_core_news_md-2.1.0-cp37-none-any.whl size=74602272 sha256=ad969f41171e82653fa4b3d9d8f9db0bd97810c8c14d97b8ea77363fb0827e17
  Stored in directory: /tmp/pip-ephem-wheel-cache-65b4g2w1/wheels/20/f7/6b/7a1ba56f009b05386d123ea088b56635594a046acd5cfdd2a2
Successfully built es-core-news-md
Installing collected packages: es-core-news-md
ERROR: Could not install packages due to an EnvironmentError: [Errno 13] Permission denied: '/opt/venv/lib/python3.7/site-packages/es_core_news_md-2.1.0.dist-info'
Consider using the `--user` option or check the permissions.

WARNING: You are using pip version 19.3.1; however, version 20.2.3 is available.
You should consider upgrading via the 'pip install --upgrade pip' command.
ERROR: Service 'umbot' failed to build: The command '/bin/bash -o pipefail -c python -m spacy download es_core_news_md &&     python -m spacy link es_core_news_md es' returned a non-zero code: 1

Could you help me? I am very lost with the docker world :dizzy_face:

Hey @matias18233 I think You are trying to install the package to a system folder which you don’t have permissions, have you tried using

sudo docker-compose up -d --build Building umbot instead ?

1 Like

Hi @jusce17!

Thank you very much for your answer. I made the modification you suggested but I still have the same problem :disappointed_relieved:

I managed to get it working! I had to add ** USER root ** in my dockerfile as it was running under the wrong user: ** USER 1001 **, which came from rasa’s dockerfile.

I share the full dockerfile in case someone runs into the same problem in the future:

FROM rasa/rasa:1.10.12-spacy-en
USER root
RUN python -m spacy download es_core_news_md && \
    python -m spacy link es_core_news_md es

Thank you @jusce17

Hola, disculpa que te contacte por aqui. Soy de Bs As y estamos viendo de instalar Rasa Open Source en una plataforma Odoo donde estan que tiene todo en la misma plataforma el sistema de gestion, la web… Solo tiene chatbot pago en Odoo por eso estamos viendo que opcion instalar que sea buena, escalable y open source. Odoo es Pyton y disponemos de Apis para la integracion. Estamos recien viendolo por ahi podrias ayudarnos a realizar esta tarea. mi mail: umansantiago@yahoo.es