Build a french chatbot using rasa

hey, I’m beginner on chatbots, and my project is to create a french chatbot for the website of our school,i’m triying to understand the concept of chatbots and how it works and how i can deploy it and i chosed rasa because it has a lot of advantages. I installed rasa and rasa x on ubuntu 18 and i want to integrate french on rasa. I’ve found a lot of documentation and i’m lost in it. Can you please guide me

Hi @Sou90, cool that you’re doing your project with Rasa! I know that starting from scratch with something new can be hard. Can you try to explain what you’ve tried so far and where you are lost?

As a general starting point for getting a (very simple) first bot up and running, I’d recommend following the Basic Tutorial.

Then if you want your bot to be in French instead of English, there are different options. Some information about that can be found here. This documentation page can be quite confusing if you’re just starting, so I’ll try to filter out the useful information for your case:

When you’re starting from scratch and you don’t have a ton of training data, the easiest is to use a pre-trained language model (i.e. a model that has already seen a lot of French training data so it “understands” the language). This can be configured in your config.yml under pipeline. Recommended pipeline configurations are described and explained here. You could try the example that uses a pre-trained model for French:

language: "fr"  # your two-letter language code

pipeline:
  - name: SpacyNLP
  - name: SpacyTokenizer
  - name: SpacyFeaturizer
  - name: RegexFeaturizer
  - name: LexicalSyntacticFeaturizer
  - name: CountVectorsFeaturizer
  - name: CountVectorsFeaturizer
    analyzer: "char_wb"
    min_ngram: 1
    max_ngram: 4
  - name: DIETClassifier
    epochs: 100
  - name: EntitySynonymMapper
  - name: ResponseSelector
    epochs: 100

Does this help you getting started? If you need more help, let me know where you’re stuck.

1 Like

Thanks a lot :blush:, I tried to install spacy but it gaves me an error. So i left the default configuration in config.yml and i just changed langage to fr and it works. But now i’m trying to add buttons but i don’t how to link what the user choise with my code can you help me in that please ?

What should your buttons do? If you add a button to a response like described here, the payload is what gets sent as a message to the bot when the button is clicked.

1 Like

Now i understand, then i have to add intent for the payload in nlu.md and response for that intent in domain.md isn’t it? The buttons will make choices for user, and after making the choises by user the bot should respond

Yes, that’s right. Also, you need a story in stories.md so the bot knows how to react to that intent. E.g if the new intent is ask_school and new response for that is utter_school, you can have a story

## ask about the school
* ask_school
  - utter_school

If you want to directly add an intent as payload you need to prefix it with a /, e.g.

buttons:
    - title: "Info about school"
      payload: "/ask_school"

Without the / it will just be text that is sent to the bot as a message, not a specific intent yet.

1 Like

I’m so thankful, i will try it . Now i have this error, how can i solve it please?

When you start Rasa X in local mode, the server is started and your browser opens a window where you can access your Rasa X instance. From the output in your command line it seems like starting the server worked fine, just opening the browser didn’t work.

So if you open your browser manually and enter the URL that is given under The server is running at ..., that should work and bring you to your running Rasa X.

1 Like

That’s what i did, everything is working fine now. Thanks for your help

1 Like