Actions_weather not responding in rasa-x

Hello, please show us your custom action Dockerfile and also docker-compose.override.yml file.

3 I don’t have Dockerfile I deployed using quick docker installation so there was not anything about Dockerfile

Hey @athenasaurav, my docker-compose.override.yml already has the following content :

version: '3.4'
services:
  app:
    image: 'rasa/rasa-sdk:latest'
    volumes:
      - './actions:/app/actions'
    expose:
      - '5055'
    depends_on:
      - rasa-production

and yes at present I have my actions.py and init.py(blank file) inside actions folder

My Dockerfile consists:

# Extend the official Rasa SDK image
FROM rasa/rasa-sdk:1.10.0
# Use subdirectory as working directory
WORKDIR /app
# Copy any additional custom requirements, if necessary (uncomment next line)
COPY actions/requirements-actions.txt ./
# Change back to root user to install dependencies
USER root
# Install extra requirements for actions code, if necessary (uncomment next line)
RUN pip install -r requirements-actions.txt
# Copy actions folder to working directory
COPY ./actions /app/actions
# By best practices, don't run the code with root user
USER 1001

However, I was not able to build image with docker build -t imagename:tag

Thanks

Hi @MMustafa, i can see you have a custom dependency in your actions.py file. Please go through this Deploying Your Rasa Assistant to create a custom action server image.

Hey @ishanarya14 you have to build your custom image and push and pull it to docker hub. Deploying Your Rasa Assistant

Please follow the link mentioned and you would be able to build. Also your docker-compose.override.yml file needs some updates which i will mention in next reply shortly.

Thanks for response what is extension of Dockerfile?

It has no extension. It will be in root folder for of you bot. Just use

touch Dockerfile

And then open the file by
nano Dockerfile

Thanks a lot and should I write RUN pip install google or RUN pip install --no-cache-dir google

Hey @athenasaurav, I am facing an issue while running the following command for building the docker image according to https://rasa.com/docs/rasa/user-guide/how-to-deploy/?_ga=2.29131324.1482290448.1589781661-1642848881.1587380773:

ishanarya14@rasa-x-weather:/etc/rasa$ docker build -t weatherimg:5-18
"docker build" requires exactly 1 argument.
See 'docker build --help'.
Usage:  docker build [OPTIONS] PATH | URL | -
Build an image from a Dockerfile

or if I try the following, still I get the error:

ishanarya14@rasa-x-weather:/etc/rasa$ docker build . -t weatherchatbot:5-18
error checking context: 'can't stat '/etc/rasa/auth''.
RUN pip install --no-cache-dir google

should work fine

Hi @ishanarya14,

I m not very good with docker yet i think your docker build command is wrong.

It should be like this:

docker build . -t <account_username>/<repository_name>:<custom_image_tag>

I think you are only mentioning the <repository_name>:<custom_image_tag>.

Also do this you have to create a account on https://hub.docker.com/

then push the login to docker hub using:

docker login --username <account_username> --password <account_password>

then push the code using :

docker push <account_username>/<repository_name>:<custom_image_tag>

Remember the account _username is the username you create at hub.docker.com

1 Like

Hello @athenasaurav I have created Dockerfile then I turned off all docker using sudo docker-compose down then turned on using sudo docker compose up -d but nothing changed.I also tried to comment all code which is connected with external library and just print Hello World just to check custom action works or not.I already have same issue.Can you suppose problem in what? After every change I turn off all dockers and then again turn on also I upload my code to github Also what should I write instead of localhost here url: β€œhttp://localhost:5055/webhook”

Hi @MMustafa

use this as actions endpoints on deployment.

action_endpoint:
  url: ${RASA_USER_APP}/webhook
  token:  "" 

Hi @MMustafa please look at my Dockerfile which i have recently created, also my docker-compose.override.yml file here Rasa slack bot issue again

Your Dockerfile and docker-compose.override.yml file both need to be updated accordingly. bacuase custom server is not running if you check using Docker ps command.

1 Like

Thanks. If I understand correctly in docker-compose.override.yml file in image field you write user_name/repository_name/image_name so I need account in docker hub and build image yes?

yes

Hi @ishanarya14 you also please go through the last link there i have mentioned the docker file and docker-compose.override.yml file. actions command is missing in Dockerfile.

Also you docker hub has no relation to the github repo. your are free to choose account username and repository and tagname

I got this error while building image

Are you in the correct folder for running Docker build

Hey @athenasaurav, you mentioned you used GCP. But I guess there we are alotted linux based virtual machine . So how did u manage to push the custom image to your dockerhub account from that virtual machine?

Thanks