When Does New Story Kicks In?

Good day everyone! So, a user starts with Hi…utter_greeting. The conversation goes down the happy/sad path and the request is fulfilled…and they both say goodbyes.

Now, if the user says hi again, a new story is started right?

What happens if in the middle of a current story…before the goodbyes (as defined in the story) were uttered, the user says hi? Would the bot recalibrate and restart again?

I ask this because I imagine users can start a conversation and forget to ‘fulfill’ it.

And then, before the session closes, come back to say hi again.

Rephrased, if a user goes off the tangent in the midst of a story path and then utter a word like “Hello”, would that count as the beginning of a new conversation?

Secondly, I am so new to this whole stuff (like couple of days new), so, forgive me if these questions are so weird and naive.

I have watched quite a few videos on Rasa and I kept hearing “the bot can learn…and do better next time”. This concept is not clear to me however. I understand that i have to manually go over the user-generated conversations and re-input/submit them via Rasa-X to be retrained. If I have to manually add stories, where is the “learn by itself coming from?” Or am I missing something?

Thanks for your help!!!

Hello @wale,

this subject we call digressions, the polices take care of this.

For a better understanding please check the policies section on docs, specifically:

Cya!

1 Like

Thanks for your response. Will take a look. And oh, Doc…How come we are still stuck in 1955? Do your magic, press your button, one point two one jigowatts style and get us out of here!

@wale

I’m not in 1955, I’m already in 2029, I just installer a flux capacitor on my network so I can send messages Back From the Future! :wink:

Good for you Doc…stay there. Better still, start working on a Rocket next. You would need it for the Mars shot. Trust us this time Doc.