urllib.error.URLError: unknown url type: Blob

We trying to make a voice assistant. We are enhancing the rasa bot to add voice. Captured the audio , and created an url using javascript libraries and when passed it to the RASA and trying to open /download the audio using urllib.request.openurl… I am getting below error.

Blob url created at front-end: blob:http://localhost:8000/69ee8e29-4085-4700-9597-89bb0b8d5ce6 File “\rasa_core\channels\channel.py”, line 365, in ConvertSpeechToText urlopen(received_url, received_file) File “Anaconda3\lib\urllib\request.py”, line 222, in urlopen return opener.open(url, data, timeout) File “Anaconda3\lib\urllib\request.py”, line 525, in open response = self._open(req, data) \Anaconda3\lib\urllib\request.py", line 548, in _open ‘unknown_open’, req) \Anaconda3\lib\urllib\request.py", line 503, in _call_chain result = func(*args) File “Anaconda3\lib\urllib\request.py”, line 1387, in unknown_open raise URLError(‘unknown url type: %s’ % type) urllib.error.URLError:

Is blob type not supported by urllib?

Hi Vijay,

You should post your question on the related urllib forum.

Have you considered using a widget or service that handles the STT for you? I have used the chatroom widget for STT if a web widget works for your use. Have also used Amazon Connect which can do STT via transcribe with Rasa. I think twilio is another option for voice via phone.

Greg