These are just my thoughts, perhaps not everyone would agree with all of them.
- It took me 2 weeks of googling NLP and NLTK before I came across Rasa, that was only when I started looking for a way to extract entities. Before that I didn’t find you guys so I spent time working on a different kind of chatbot based on NLTK. Better SEO on your side could have saved me 2 weeks.
- You need to set up some spam filter on this forum or limit the posts of spammers in some way.
- There is a stunning lack of documentation for building a non-english language chatbot (not only from you but in general on the web), especially for languages without a pretrained dataset or even a proper corpus. Nobody cares about this topic even though almost all languages fall under the category of “not English” and most of them have no pretrained datasets. I’m Hungarian, I’m trying to develop a chatbot that communicates in Hungarian, so I have all kinds of issues what I don’t see documented or shown in videos or tutorials.
- A lot of words you guys use in your docs are difficult to define for someone who is not as advanced at NLP (or at programming in general) as you, especially if English is not even one’s native language. It would be great if you’d have at least some definition of such words, like what you call policy for example - or if you’d have tutorials for beginners where regular words are used instead.
- More descriptive, longer code examples for how things get added to a program would help greatly. I still can’t figure out how form events work, for example.
- Please annotate Youtube videos you have of using older versions of Rasa to make viewers understand that your software no longer works that way, and possibly even link to videos of using the current version if you have such.