Rasa X is incompatible with Rasa 3.0

When I upgrade Rasa from version 2.0 to version 3.0, here is a install error: rasa-x 0.42.5 requires rasa<3.0.0,>=2.8.11, but you have rasa 3.0.0 which is incompatible.

Which version of Rasa x do I need to install? Thanks.

1 Like

Welcome to the forum :slight_smile:

Please see the Compatibility Matrix. Looks like Rasa X does not support Rasa 3.0 yet.

Hello and Welcome to the Community Forum @Givan !

can you please share the rasa --version for us ?

As, the error, suggest rasa required 2.8.11, even what command you are using to upgrade rasa 2->3, is you Rasa X running on local machine or server?

@nik202 The version of my rasa is 2.8.14 for now. I want to upgrade Rasa to Version 3.0 using the command

pip3 install rasa 

The command is to install Rasa of latest version (default 3.0). And my Rasa X is running on local machine

Thanks for your kind and useful response

1 Like

This is a very informative blog for me. I am very much benefited after reading this blog. Keep sharing.

Hi @ChrisRahme, Any idea when will Rasa-X be released for Rasa 3.0?

3 Likes

No sorry, I don’t work at Rasa, just a volunteer moderator :slight_smile:

Yeah, would be a nice “detail” to know that Rasa 3.X is not yet compatible with RasaX (and how long)… :wink:

2 Likes

Hi there, any idea when rasa X will be compatible with rasa 3 OS?

1 Like

@Edunston maybe next month, may be finger cross.

4 Likes

Hi all, are there any updates on this? :tada:

Rasa X will support Rasa 3.x at the end of this quarter :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thanks very much :slight_smile:

1 Like

@steinnhauser Rasa Open Source 3.1 and Rasa X 1.1 launched!

1 Like

Thanks for the info i will try to figure it out for more

Glad you like it. We have been using this for several weeks now and it seems to be going nicely.

I actually made rasa-x 1.1.4 to work with rasa 3.2.1. Assuming that rasa 3.2.1 has been installed and initialized, here are the steps to set up rasa x:

1. Install rasa x 1.1.4 with pip3 install rasa-x --extra-index-url Simple Index --use-deprecated=legacy-resolver

Install missing packages when necessary.

1. Run command: rasa x

It will open a web page in the browser with the following url: http://localhost:5002/login?username=admin&password=12345678

Copy the password and change the url to http://localhost:5002. You will see the login page and login successfully with the username and password.

You’ll notice that errors will pop up the next time you run rasa x. You’ll have to clear the cache data in the browser for localhost.

ok let see. CheckMyRota App