Rasa 3.0 Custom actions not working

@nik202 , as per the link, googletrans is not reliable

However, this library is unofficial as mentioned earlier, the author noted that the maximum character length on a single text is 15K.

It also doesn't guarantee that the library would work properly at all times, if you want to use a stable API you should use the [official Google Translate API](https://cloud.google.com/translate/docs).

If you get HTTP `5xx` errors with this library, then Google has banned your IP address, it's because using this library a lot, Google translate may block your IP address, you'll need to consider [using proxies](https://www.thepythoncode.com/article/using-proxies-using-requests-in-python) by passing a proxy dictionary to `proxies` parameter in `Translator()` class, or use the official API as discussed.

and Google translate API is not free :sweat_smile:

Anyways, I have solved my issue and now the bot is working as required, thanks for your help, adding print statements to the actions.py did the trick. :grinning:

Last question: As you can see the hindi text is not visible in the cmd, will it be visible in Rasa X? and can you please send the link/docs/guide on how to install Rasa X for Rasa 3.0.3 version

Thanks

Yashi

@yashi Finally!! Congrats!! Well, you need to check the in-built library supports the Hindi language.

@yashi No, if it’s not visible in rasa shell it will not even be visible in rasa X.

@yashi Rasa X is not yet compatible with Rasa Open Source 3.x so no instruction for that.

Happy to know you solved it :slight_smile: Did you just add print() statements though? I don’t think this has solved it, or if it did it must be a bug :sweat_smile:

I just want to correct something Nik said about the Hindi text: The display in Rasa Shell is not related to Rasa or Rasa X, but to your terminal’s display and font. Similarly, the display in Rasa X is not related to Rasa or Rasa X, but to your browser’s display and font (unless overriden by CSS rules).

@nik202 , thank you Nik, I’ll check for hindi support.

Although I guess Chris Rahme is right, as Hinidi text is visible in the pycharm editor for the same code.

main-hindi

1 Like

Hi @ChrisRahme ,

I added print() statements to debug the actions.py file, from there I got to know I have some unreachable code written that’s why the custom action was not working properly.

I had also written a new story as you suggested.

And I guess you are right about the Hindi text support, as I mentioned , i am able to see the hindi text in pycharm editor. Will check this out.

main-hindi

Thank you Yashi

1 Like