I’m currently building a prototype chatbot for one of our internal web tools. The general idea is simply to support the users of said tool. Now the idea came up to include a small introduction “tour” as one of the features of the bot. I started playing around with implementing this, but quickly noticed that you run into the issue of there being minimal to no interaction and the bot just spamming you with messages.
I would be curious if any of you worked on something similar and if you have input for me on how to do something like this in an elegant way. I will give an example below so it becomes more clear. I am aware that a chatbot is maybe not the optimal thing to use for something like this, but it would be a nice easy use case to include for the early stages.
So far my interactions for this intro tour look something like this:
- bot asks if user is new and would be interested in a quick tour of the tool.
- user confirms interest in tour
- bot explains a feature of website
- bot asks if user would like to continue the tour or has questions at this point or would like to abandon the tour
- user says he wants to continue
- bot explains next feature
etc. you get the point.
Now this approach atleast has some interactivity and doesnt just spam the user with 10 messages. This also avoids the issue of messages coming in to fast to be read. But I’m still not super happy because I feel the user might get annoyed by being asked if he wants to continue 5 times.
Any input is appreciated.