Issue with handling conditional slot logic and validations in the same action in Rasa 2.0

Happy to be more specific (and an example would very much help :wink: ). I’ve read this doc a bunch of times, but if there is better documentation, I’m happy to read it. Let me spell things out a bit more

1. I have a bot that will be taking very long pieces of text from users. It can be several paragraphs for some questions. I want the bot to offload that text anywhere I tell it (like a spreadsheet). I don’t expect that Rasa will be able to infer an intent from some of these long texts and don’t need it to. I just want to capture the information.

2. one of the issues I was running into i listed here (but noone answered). I have texts that may be very close to different types of intents, and was trying to just capture whatever text came in.

3. As you mentioned in another thread: “Slots not listed for the form in the domain, but instead added dynamically from within a form validation action, behave similarly”. I’m not really comfortable with how action validations and required_slots pull in slots from the domain. When I see “required_slots”, I don’t entirely understand what’s going on but would love to learn. I haven’t found documentation that’s helpful yet.

4. What would be most helpful, if its possible, is to just help me create (or point to an example) of where a FormValidationAction or something in actions.py creates a form entirely within actions.py for more than one slot. I’ve yet to see an example in Rasa documentation that shows how custom slot mappings can be made that point to more than one slot and how each slot would be filled in a certain sequence and take whatever specified text i need. The only thing i’m going off of is here and that only shows how to create a single slot modified form an existing form. Maybe that’s the way to go, but if it is, i still don’t know how to take raw text from this question no matter how long.

Thanks again for all your help!