How to dynamically insert or load slots

Hey everyone,

I am working on a chatbot that has too many slots. But because we work on medical use cases, most of them are needed only per case. Is there any way instead of loading all slots to load only the slots that correspond to a specific case?

Is this a bot used by medical staff and they switch between cases during the course of the conversation?

Are you accessing an external db/api with case info?

Without more info, it’s hard to answer the question but I would assume you have one or more intents where the conversation switches to a new case. When that intent runs, could you clear all slots and set the appropriate slots? You would need to have a datastore that tracks the relavant slots for each case.

Hey @stephens ,

It is a bot that each user will use through a mobile app to answer several questionnaires per case. Each user will log in by a username like , so the chatbot can extract the use case from the username.

Yes, we use a db at the moment to develop it and through this, we can get more information.

There are several scenarios that depend on the use case and the kind of questionnaires that are available. For each questionnaire, there are corresponding slots for each question. There are no common questionnaires for the two use cases.

Do you mean the tracker?

Each user will log in by a username like , so the chatbot can extract the use case from the username.

So, there’s a 1:1 relationship between use case & username (only one use case per username)? If that’s the case, then the mobile app can use your username as the sender_id and you won’t have slot issues.

Do you mean the tracker?

No, you’re own datastore.

Could you please point me to any relevant resource to have a look at?