Getting Rest API URL and Request Params for Rasa x agent in a server

I have installed Rasa X on a VPS(Virtual Private Server) using one line deploy script by following the documentation One-Line Deploy Script using the command curl -s get-rasa-x.rasa.com | sudo bash.

Now I want to get the Rest API URL and request format for the deployed agent to test in a mobile app.

Thank in advance.

1 Like

Hi @senthurRam, welcome to the forum!

Not sure I understand your question completely, but the REST API is available at <host>/api. For a full API specification please check the docs on the Rasa X HTTP API .

Let me know if that helps!

1 Like

Hi @ricwo thanks for the reply but I need the chat API to send the text and get the response from the chat agent in rasa x

1 Like

Bump on this, installed with one-line curl, use to be able to sort it out with Rasa, but with Rasa X no idea how to get rest working. Any ideas???

@senthurRam, @FelixKing I assume you’re talking about the REST input channel? This section in the docs on the One-Line Deploy Script describes to do that - you can run the script with

export ADDITIONAL_CHANNEL_CREDENTIALS="rest=''"
curl -s get-rasa-x.rasa.com | sudo -E bash

I hope that helps!

@ricwo I have added the ADDITIONAL_CHANNEL_CREDENTIALS in environment variable as stated above and then executed the one line deploy script but still I’m not able to access the messaging Rest API

http://host/webhooks/rest/webhook

It show error as Error: Requested URL /webhooks/rest/webhook not found

1 Like

have you tried localhost/core/webhooks/rest/webhook?

I found another thread where they were using /core before webhooks and they got it to work, let me know if that works!

@FelixKing I have tried adding /core before webbhooks, but still it shows as Error: Requested URL /webhooks/rest/webhook not found.

Can you share a full stacktrace of the error?

Did you run the bash command with the -E flag, i.e. curl -s get-rasa-x.rasa.com | sudo -E bash?

I just gave it a try and the REST input channel works with the method mentioned earlier:

export ADDITIONAL_CHANNEL_CREDENTIALS="rest=''"
curl -s get-rasa-x.rasa.com | sudo -E bash

note the -E in the bash command. You can then access it at <IP>/webhooks/rest/webhook. I hope that helps!

I attempted this on my current install and I received the same results as prior, and that @senthurRam Error: ‘’ not found

So I went and spun up another VPS ran both of the steps, expor & curl and it looks like its working. If you visit the url of /webhooks/rest/webhook it will toss up another error, and its working! I can send a curl command and get a response, and it also shows up in Rasa X, which a REST method.

@senthurRam Try to reinstall, I have a git connected so it wasn’t too difficult, once I did a fresh install, connected git, trained, I was able to send this command from terminal and get a proper response

curl -d ‘{“sender”: “Rasa”, “message”: “Hi”}’ http://159.89.163.88:5005/webhooks/rest/webhook

curl --request POST
–url http://IPADDRESS/webhooks/rest/webhook
–header ‘content-type: application/json’
–data ‘{ “message”: “Hello” }’

and received the response

[{“recipient_id”:“default”,“text”:“Hey! How are you?”,“buttons”:[{“payload”:“great”,“title”:“great”