Deactivate intents?

Hi @SamS,

thanks for your reply. Let’s take the example of a confirm-intent. This really only makes sense after the bot has prompted for a confirmation, e.g. by prompting “Is that right?” “Do you agree?”, etc. Outside the context of such a question the confirmation intent is rather meaningless, and should rather be classified as chitchat or considered a misrecognition…

Now, my understanding (correct me, if I’m wrong :-)) is that in Rasa all intents are active all the time. That surprised me, because all other dialog managers I have worked with so far were eager to switch off unneeded intents to avoid confusion in case of a misrecognition. After all, correct classification is easier if there are less options.

Admittedly, this does not block me at the moment… I’m working on building a purchase dialog, and still struggle with more fundamental matters like accumulating several items the user would like to buy… (Purchase Dialog Form -- multiple slots)

Thanks for welcoming me to the forum! It is very encouraging for me to receive such a quick feedback to my posts!