Configured IP is not reflecting in RASA

Dear Team,

RASA chat UI and server it is working fine in our local RHEL server which is a test environment.

But in cloud environment (AWS and Azure both) we are facing a strange issue. In RASA there are 2 configuration file actionconfig.ini (inside RasaPy, this is our project in which rasa packages have been installed) and config_data.js (RasaBotUI/bot/js, RasaBotUI is purely a simple web app for consuming the service of rasa and give us the UI ) where we need to change the IP of data service and RasaServer. In AWS and Azure cloud environment when I am changing the IP it’s not reflecting the updated new IP. It is always showing the IP which was initially configured. I copied the working bundle from local server and there the IP was configured as 172.18.129.208. In AWS and Azure environment I change the required cloud environment IP and restarted all services but still it is pointing to 172.18.129.208.

I cleared python cache, removed .cache, .config, .keras folders from user’s home folder, cleared /tmp folder and cleared server VM cache but still it is trying to point to 172.18.129.208. There is no issue with the code as in local environment it is working fine and if we are chaning the IP it is pointng to correct IP. Seems there is issue with RASA in the cloud environment.

Tried with a new user in RHEL and configured everythig for RasaPy and RasaBotUI. Changed the IP to cloud IP (xx.xx.xx.xx) now it is pointing to the new IP (xx.xx.xx.xx). Now I am trying to use host name instead of IP but it is not at all accepting. It is pointing to initial configured IP. i.e - xx.xx.xx.xx.

Tried all possible ways but we are not getting any clue.

Required your help and advice on this please to fix this issue.

Hi Parshuram,

could you clarify what you mean with RasaPy and ChatBot bundle? Is RasaPy referring to the open source library or something else?

Note that it is hard for me to reproduce your problem because I do not have access to, or an overview of, your cloud infrastucture. So issues like this;

In AWS and Azure cloud environment when I am changing the IP it’s not reflecting the updated new IP.

… are really hard for me to understand and help you with.

Hi Vincent,

Thank you. RasaPy and RasaBotUi are our projects. RasaPy has rasa pacakge installed. RasaBotUI is purely a simple web app for consuming the service of rasa and give us the UI. Issue is the changed IP/hostname is not getting reflected in AWS EC2 instance and Azure VMs in RASA server.

Regards, Parshuram