Can a rule be conditioned to an intent?

@drindrin Yes

It seems there is no way to get the bot starting a conversation with utter…right? Unfortunately modifying action_session_start also failed to dispatch messages when I tried it (from this post 6d ago How can bot start conversation after action_session_start? ) I really can’t see how to apply your solution to start with “utter_registration_request” with rasa open source. Do I need rasa x? Sorry to abuse your patience …

@drindrin It’s ok, you can integrate rasa Webchat, are you willing to do that? If so please see this video in detail and do let me know, please. https://youtu.be/eJMT2FovZsM

All you need to change is this from the botfront snippet as shown in video:

initPayload: "/utter_registration_request",

If you trust be this is the best solution and you will have a real GUI.

Take your time and I am here. Good Luck!

1 Like

Thanks I already saw the video but I can’t use a web since this is my GUI https://youtu.be/dfhYKNcr77c Any other idea?

@drindrin you working on voice bot?

yes

@drindrin well I am not expert in voice, but can share some resources which I shared on other thread.

thanks Nik but I’m already very well setup with TTS and STT…I only need to get my bot start a conversation with " utter_registration_request" when someone activates the bot with a motion detection. If not possible I have to switch to another solution after months of development with Rasa :disappointed_relieved:

@drindrin Try if user start the conversation whilst saying hi or hello, can that be an alternative solution ?

I can have the bot talk to the user when activated , but then I need to set a slot so that not every time the user’s intent is affirm start a registration form if you know what I mean :grinning: After the bot talk can I request an action the set a slot “registration” ? Do you know how ?

We eat pretty late here in Italy …if to have to go for dinner no problem

have a great evening ! I stop here for today…

@drindrin Sure, We will see and solve this issue. Have great dinner and nice sleep!

1 Like

I solved in my case : when the bot is activated start talking to the user asking if “wants to register” and post a message with intent “register” . If the user affirm then I get another intent. Now I can write a story with two consecutive intents “register” and “affirm” that activates the registration form. Thanks for your support Nik .

1 Like

@drindrin I am so happy for you, congratulations :bouquet:. No worries always for your support mate.

1 Like