Rasa Masterclass: Episode List & Resources

Hey Rasa @community !

We recently unveiled the Rasa Masterclass, a new video series where developers can learn how to use Rasa to build sophisticated AI assistants brought to you by our Head of Developer Relations - Justina Petraityte! :rocket:

We will cover the entire process of developing a contextual AI assistant – from just an idea, all the way to deploying an assistant in production. You don’t have to be a Rasa or machine learning expert to follow the series, but you will definitely become an experienced Rasa developer by the end of the course!

Here you can find a directory of each episode, any corresponding discussion threads and resources.

We couldn’t be more grateful for the positive response and feedback we have received so far from the community!

So if you’re as excited as we are about this series, don’t forget to subscribe to our official YouTube channel. :tv: :purple_heart:

30 Likes

The videos on pipelines was fantastic. I’m sure you have other topics planned, but I’d love to see one on policies too.

Do you have a topic list, or unofficial schedule anywhere?

2 Likes

Hey @jonathanpwheat,

We’re so pleased to hear you’re enjoying the series!

We currently don’t have a topic list, but in general the masterclass will cover all the fundamentals and will lead into more advanced topics like creating forms, handling chitchat, and deploying the assistant in production.

I can also let you know that policies will be covered in one of the upcoming episodes. :slight_smile:

1 Like

thank rasa,
this series are really helpfull for everyone. I am looking forward to your new video

2 Likes

Hey @jonathanpwheat. I can definitely promise and episode on policies :slight_smile: This week we did a small intro into dialogue management and in the upcoming episodes we will dive into the topic even deeper. Just like with NLU pipeline components, I would like to make sure that devs have some resources on dialogue management policies - how each of them work, why and when are they useful and other important details about them.

Thank you so much for following the series! :hugs:

3 Likes

@Emma Thanks, I’m looking forward to all of these, even the intro videos are helpful.

@Juste Just watched the dialogue management episode this morning :slight_smile: Great stuff. Keep up the great work.

1 Like

This series is too good to new learner

1 Like

The Masterclass series is great. Would you be able to do an episode on the different deployments or channels available. For example, deploying your ai assistant on your website. This has been a challenge for me with either the methods used are too old or there being confusion on how exactly to deploy on specific environments (ie. Heroku). I really think a video for this would shed some light.

Thanks Kit

1 Like

I’m so pleased to find your platform. I’m a big fan of Spacy, too. They’re so intelligent. I’ve been looking for a framework that doesn’t rely on a giant “if-then-else” statement. Your idea of using a net with attention to find intents is genius. After watching your first five Master Class videos, I’m hoping there’s a way to use variables in entities. I’m hoping that’s coming in future lessons. Also, I hope there will be a video on your API. You’ve done such a great job with design and presentation so far. I can’t wait to learn more. If you want me, I’ll be looking around the docs. :wink: Best wishes, and thank you. This looks like the next big interface paradigm for modern computing. I feel I’m late to the party, but at least I’m here now. Cheers, M

2 Likes

Thanks rasa team. I hope to you will make more topic, to more easy learning and grow Rasa Core so that developers like Rasa and use everywhere. Best Regard!

1 Like

Hey guys,

@kitrana08
Thank you so much for your feedback!

To answer your question, yes we will cover deployment but a bit later in the series. The first set of episodes are focused on topics to help viewers understand how in theory specific models work etc. After a couple more episodes, Juste will start to show how to apply this knowledge in practice and this is where deployment will come in. :slight_smile:

@MikeyBeez
Welcome to the party and our community, so glad to have you here and we’re humbled by your kind words and feedback!

On your first question, could you expand a little more on what you mean by using variables in entities - do you have an example to share along the lines of what you’re thinking?

About the API, currently we’re focusing on showing how to build assistants without the API, however, if we see a lot of interest in this we will consider covering it in a future episode - so it would be awesome to know if others are interested in this too!

@freshdev2015
There are more episodes coming your way, stay tuned!

Is there a plans for episodes on the architecture : like the ones you have on earlier versions, but abit more detailed, so we can make a connection with the API for extentding RASA, such as Actions,Custom NLU components, the pipeline, feature generation&merge, vectors creation and NN modules …etc

Thanks Rasa team, from the beginning I was doing wrong config, after watching Rasa Masterclass now I am able to understand how to configure and build a conversation. Can you please create an episode on how to create a custom components, pipeline and detailed note on Policies please. Thanks

Nice Videos! It would be great if you could make a video on different integrations sucha as facebook and wordpress. This has been difficult for me, would be great if there is a video on it.

1 Like

Agreed to that. Facebook Messenger integration is not well documented and it’s easy to get off track.

Rather than saying “San Francisco” explicitly in a reply, can one gave a cities variable instead?

The Masterclass series is really great. Would you be able to do an episode on the Handing off to a Human.

2 Likes

The masterclass is awesome. Could you make tutorials on JWT authentication.

Thanks a lot! The Masterclass is very helpful!