Deactivate a form based on a slot value via story or rule

Hi there,

for everyone who stumbles upon this issue and needs to solve it, no matter if there is a more elegant way, here is a solution shown as a brief example on how the achieve the key objective:

Content of domain.yml

slots:
  cancel_reason:
    type: any
    influence_conversation: false
  privacy_agreement:
    type: bool
    influence_conversation: true

forms:
  privacy_form:
    privacy_agreement:
      - intent: confirm
        type: from_intent
        value: true
      - intent: deny
        type: from_intent
        value: false
  cancel_reason_form:
    cancel_reason:
      - type: from_text

Content of rules.yml

- rule: Activate privacy_form
  steps:
    - intent: trigger_form_cycle
    - action: privacy_form
    - slot_was_set:
        - privacy_agreement: null
    - active_loop: privacy_form

Now I simply split my desired storyline into several forms. Actually I want to use forms because I can’t set slots inside stories and I want to make use of the intent-based auto-filling option that forms provide - meaning a more fine-grained control.

- rule: Deactivate privacy_form and end with utterance
  condition:
  steps:
    - slot_was_set:
        - requested_slot: null
    - active_loop: null
    - slot_was_set:
        - privacy_agreement: false
    - action: utter_no_privacy_agreement

Actually I wrote a rule that checks the slot and it’s value (not just if the slot has been set) after the form has ended. If the value was set to false I simply utter something (or maybe you want to do a custom action as a follow up) and if the value was set to true, I continue with the survey form.

- rule: Deactivate privacy_form  move to cancel_reason_form
  condition:
  steps:
    - slot_was_set:
        - requested_slot: null
    - active_loop: null
    - slot_was_set:
        - privacy_agreement: true
    - action: cancel_reason_form
    - active_loop: cancel_reason_form

Of course you need to write a rule that processes the end of that form, but I think you got the point. The workaround here is to simply define several forms instead of one larger. I think one could argue if that’s a good solution or not, but since I wanted to avoid working with ActionExecutionRejection (which possibly could have solved my problem) I think it works.

However… I still think that it would be a good idea to think about making rules applicable while there is an active loop. I am aware of the fact, that possibly this has to be considered while working with a FormAction or CustomActions to make sure everything fits together.

Kind regards
Julian